Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Oh BOY oh Boy!!!

I am so excited. I checked my phone at lunch time and I had a voice mail. This was exciting for two reasons, first: it was my first voice mail. second: My table came today from IKEA!! yipee!! The picture below is of the box that everything came in. The one beside is the bottom of the table.
This other picture is of all the little chair pieces. Putting it all together is Matt's job. I know I know, it would be SOO romantic if we did that together. The thing is we aren't good at doing things like this together. I get impatient and want to keep doing things and I am a little all over the place. Then Matt spends more time watching me and making sure I'm not making any mistakes that he doesn't get anything done. He doesnt mind doing it by himself and I don't mind watching TV and emailing. hehe

I had a really great day today. I am in the groove of going to work and the days pass quickly. I just love kids so much and I am really learning a lot about babies and smaller kids. I'm not so scared anymore and it makes me lok more forward to having my own kids. NO dont get your hopes up, we are still waiting a long while.
other than that things are going really great, I think I am quickly going to make some shortbread cookies for GEMS snack on Thursday, since I can actually go. Dad said he was going to come on thursday night but now he is actually going to come friday night and stay for a bit on saturday. I am so thankful. I was dissapointed that I was going to miss GEMS. Now everything is working out and I get the best out of all worlds. So other than some loads of laundry life is so great. Thanks for your love, prayers and comments. I love you all so much and apprecite everything more than you know. You make me smile.
Love Always Amanda
and Matt loves you all too!




2 comments:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

I LOVED this post. I can just imagine you "helping" Matt. So funny! By the way -- nice looking table.
I'm so happy you like work. Sounds fun.
Have a great visit with your parents and siblings.
Love ya.

sugarnuggets said...

The rule at our house is that if I buy something at IKEA, I have to assemble it myself. Now I'm pretty handy with an Allan key.

How fun that you don't have to sit at the coffeetable for supper anymore! Woohoo....

Have a great day eh!! and I'm glad your hair is okay and that your hairdryer has an escape hatch now!

Love ya, TT