Thursday, September 20, 2007

GEMS!

Tonight was an interesting night. I am team teaching a class with Renanta, we have 9 GEMS and most of them come from broken families, It seems like it may be a challenging year to make Jesus seem real to these girls. I feel like I can't reach them, but it is only the first night too. Renata and I talked about how we are going to make our class cozy and comfortable. I am planning on posting some pictures next week. I would really appreciate your prayers for the girls and especially that Jesus will be real to them and that when their worlds are upside down that He is there. Thanks!
On another note I feel the need to mention that my O's are sticky, so If im missing an O you now know why!
I had a really great day today, but I am looking forward to the fact that tomorrow is Friday and payday (with a ridiculous amount of deductions!!!) I am also excited because Mom and Dad are coming to visit me with Rebecca, Caleb and Damaris. Rebecca is hoping to go shopping with me while she is here So I am hoping I can be a great sister and fulfill that wish for her!
Matt is feeling a lot better, he has a bit of a cough, but he was feeling well enough to go to school today, he also got some car wash and Blistex for me. So my lips were super excited. I love that Blistex stuff, it works so well and my dry lips already feel better.
Well family of mine, I'm out! I love you all so much!
Love Amanda

PS IT WAS ME THAT GOT TANTE TECTY BLOGGING.... hehe! Im just that good :) (she said with a VERY smug smile)

6 comments:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Me again!
Just wanted to mention that I love that you added the wedding picture. Nice.
Plus, good job on Tetcy. Now work on Tante Tineke.
I'll pray for your GEM girls. What a sad life for them.
Have fun with your family.
I'm happy for you and your lips. Karen

rustico3059 said...

Love that table, saw it yesterday at Ikea.
We are in Protland, Maine tonight, so we made a big trip today.
So see you tomorrow.
Love MOM
(this was the first time I had Internet hook-up on my computer)

Tineke Aaron and Cassie said...

hey there
i guess i'm the only non-blogger left in the family, who knows what will happen ... that may change sometime, hey i've gone as far as to sign up with a google account, i'm no longer anonymous, of course because yours doesn't allow those, good idea.
anyway, i'm always thinking of you two, do love your new table it looks great, i can't wait to visit yous sometime, a day trip may be just what i need.
take care, luv ya
Tante Tineke, Aaron and Cassie.

sugarnuggets said...

Yes, you are so devious! You should check that I've had that account since April so the thought has been lurking in the depths for a while...
You've been most encouraging...now we shall have to focus all our efforts on Tineke MUAAAAAAH!!!

I'll bet you sing it like Larry Boy's "I Love My Lips" too.

Party On Girl! Love TT

Say hi to your folks eh!!!

The Nieuwhofs said...

So excited to be seeing you guys tomorrow. It has been quite a trip. Missed the IKEA in New Haven, Conn. today. Never saw it.
We saw the one in New York, but we didn't feel like getting of the highway. Love you, see you tomorrow.
DAD

Mary and Isaac said...

Hey Manda!
It sounds like GEMS may be a challenge this year. One never know how God uses you in these situations. We'll be praying for that too.
Have fun with Mom and Dad!
Love you,
~ Mary