Friday, September 7, 2007

The name's Tante... Tante Manda!

YAHOO!!! Dianna had her baby. It is so exciting yet so unreal. The baby is a boy, his name is Miciah Ray Spangler (not sure on the spelling, but at least you can sound it out, plus that is how I would spell it... but I may be wrong {that has been known to happen a time or two.}) It is so fun. But honestly, It totally hasn't sunk in, I can still remember easily when we were little playing with our dolls, taking them to the doctor, the grocery store and feeding them and putting them to Bed. And now Dianna has to do it in real life. I am also wondering if my first baby will be a girl. Dianna had the boy doll baby and I had the girl. That will be interesting now won't it? Don't worry we have LOTS of time to speculate!
Matt talked to Prof. Cooke, they guy who we met with in the summer and who is our main contact at UNB and the situation was a little worrisome but he sorted everything out for Matt. He is even in the course that he wanted to take all along. We were a little worried, but God decided that this is really the place that Matt and I need to be. So I think that everything at this point has worked itself out. So right now Matt is studyi ng construction. He seems to enjoy it a lot so hopefully that keeps up.
Matt needed to be at school at 8:00 today, So I went along so that I could have the car for my 2:00 appointment at the daycare. I drive to Jefta's apt and sat in the parking lot and texted her a message that I was there and whenever she wanted company I was availiable. I began to read my book, she called a few seconds later and was shocked that I was parked in her driveway. haha it was funny (is this a "you had to be there" thing) After that we hung out until Steph came and then we checked out the Wal-Mart on the north side (talk about huge and nice, it has a complete grocery store plus paint and decor and then normal Wal-Mart) and we checked out Steph's place too. Then I went to the daycare, it is so fun there and the girl that I am working with there is really nice too. My boss also told me that the parents always need a babysitter and that they pay $10an hour. That might be nice extra money, I hope I don't have to fight for it though. Other than that we got Matt's passport done came home and had dinner (potatoes, pork chops, red cabbage and gravy...MMM) Now I am catching up on my emails and doing the blog thing and then I'm going to nicely read my book. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. I love you all and don't forget to leave a comment. I love to know who I am talking too!
Love Always
Amanda

6 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

Congratulations, Tante Manda!
Pretty exciting isn't it?
Sounds like you are settling in nicely. And enjoy being on your own. We hope to see you late afternoon or so on Sunday.
Glad to hear Matt got things straightened out at school.
Love you, DAD

Jme-Lyn said...

Wow Tante...
Its so great to be one... I love my little Cameron... Congratulations to all of you... it will so nice to have a little baby to get to know even if you don't get to see him very much... digital photos are a blessing...
I'm glad things are working out for you to... love Jme***
ps you're right Sarah does need a blog... I'll work on that muah!!

rustico3059 said...

Yes, don;t you feel old? we told Caleb he was an uncle, but he preferred to be called just Caleb, not Uncle Caleb.
To celebrate this occasion we took Caleb and Damaris out to eat in Cavendish.
Anyway have a great day(by the time you read it it will already be tomorrow)
Love MOM

Mary and Isaac said...

Holy cow. You're making me look bad. I have no excuses though. I just got lazy. Maybe tonight I'll write a little something on my blog.
I just got back into PEI a little while ago. It's strange that you're not here, but well, life goes on. I'll see you tomorrow... sometime. Maybe I should call you later to arrange meeting times and such.
Love you,
~ Mary

Sharon said...

Hi Guys:

Glad to hear everything is going well for the both of you. Everything is going well here. We miss you dropping in though. Karen got home yesterday and has been working alot on her "homework". She and Roger are out at the barn now for awhile. It is a beautiful day and I'm getting some of the flower beds in order. Ordered our new propane stove today. That was pretty exciting. You will love it when you're home. Toasty warm!

Miss you lots!

Love Sharon & Dad

sugarnuggets said...

Dear TM!
Yippee!! Now you know what it's like to be a tante, and Matt to be an Omke?? or will he be an uncle.

Personal preference I suppose.

Glad you have some friends in town, that will make living away from home a little less isolating.

Time to go to work!! Love ya, TT