Saturday, September 22, 2007

Two posts, one day, they could make a TV show!

What a great day, Mom and I were super successful in our shopping endeavour, the first picture shows the beautiful flower arrangement that we invented. I had to move the clock up a little bit because it was a little hard to read the time. Just so you know, I did it all by myself. I am really happy with how it looks and it is amazing how just a few little touches can make the world of difference. I thought I loved my home before the changes! Then I got some nice place mats at Wicker Emporium (1$ea.) They are for special company. The runner is my table decoration with the little candle flower centerpiece. If you click the picture you will be able to see the details better. In fact you can probably see what time it is here perfectly.
My last purchase is the picture frame. I have to figure out which pictures get to go into the frame yet, but so far Micaiah is the first choice along with some flowers. Matt also suggested the dam near here as another one. It should be a nice together project, I have the initiative and the get go and he has the eye for the fine things and simple beauty. He is really great at that stuff and it is fun to do together. The picture frame will be replacing the thermometer, which I HOPE does not end up on the wall again!! I will update again once this all happens and also where we agreed to put it. We just came from going out for dinner with Tyler, Jefta, Tim and Christine. It was a lot of fun, we also watched a rugby game and went swimming together today. It was a great day beautifully finished up with a long awaited phone call from Dianna. What a super day, I was in contact with a lot of my family today and it was super nice. Well I think that is enough for today, I hope you like the new things, but It doesnt matter if you dont, cause I do. :D I love you all and have a super week! Much love and hugs and kisses
Love Amanda
and Matt too... minus the kisses and probably hugs too!

4 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

We had a great time with you guys today. Hope to see you in a few weeks. Damaris and I went to the stockcar races tonight yet. He ended up in second place for the season. Good for him.
Good to be home again. Love , DAD

rustico3059 said...

Looks great, and it is amazing what a few little touches can do. You are right, I was happy to sleep in my own bed againand to just be at home.
Have a great day,
Love MOM

Karen Nieuwhof said...

You certainly have a cozy, homey, and wonderful place to call your first home together. Just perfect for the two of you? (and guests). Is your favorite color pink? Isn't it sad that we don't know each other very well after all these years. I've always loved you but now I am getting to know you better through your blogs and I like you. So, hugs and kisses (even to Matt :)) and have a great night in your well decorated home. Tante Karen

Dad and Sharon said...

You have the place loking great, ever think of going into home decorating?? Our yardsale went great on the week-end. People were really crazzy down there, stopping anywhere or turning without warning....you had to really watch your driving. Looking forward to seeing you both in a couple of weeks. Karen said Saturday was fine with her and Jamie. So Saturday it is. Have a great week. Matt don't forget ....Studing comes before you get to watch cartoons:)......Love Dad