Wednesday, September 19, 2007

IT's Complete!


We had Lasagna at our brand new table this evening. It was quite delicious! In fact I was so full I couldn't wait to stretch myself out on the couch and absorb everything. Imagine that after sitting on the couch for three weeks anticipating a table.
It is a small table, but it is perfect for our space and family size. I don't think I will be having any large dinner parties anytime soon. Haha

I did end up helping Matt put together the table. I had to wipe up the extra glue overflow. :D so I did do my share! yay!

I also made some cookies for our first night of GEMS tomorrow. I am super excited! I am co teaching with Renata vanOord. I think it should be a lot of fun. It will be nice to spend an evening with someone who understands my sarcastic sense of humour besides Matt.

Then Mom and Dad, caleb, Damaris, and Rebecca are coming to visit me Friday night and Saturday! It's so exciting, I am hoping they come with a lot pictures. Dianna put some pictures on the blog, but I am so sad that I can't cuddle that baby, I get to cuddle babies everyday, but I can't cuddle that one. I am glad I will see him at Christmas, you have no idea how much I am looking forward to that!
Well I think thats it for now. Thanks for reading! I love you all and I hope you have a good last half of the week! Lots of Love,
Amanda

4 comments:

Dad and Sharon said...

Hey Guys......The table looks great. Looks like Matt got all the pieces in the right place. Didn't see any excess glue eather, so guess you did a good job also Amanda. Hope Matt's cold is better. Sounds like you are enjoying your new job Amanda, that's great. Hope school is also going good for Matt. Love you both, have a great week......Dad

sugarnuggets said...

It looks fabulous!!! It's so much fun getting everything set up eh?

Have fun at GEMS!!! I get to be part of the GEMS teaparty by demonstrating some cardmaking techniques....I'm so excited!!!!! It won't be for a while though.

TTFN, TT

Mary and Isaac said...

I feel like I was missing out on your life.... the interenet has been very patchy here for the last couple of days (much to Mom and Dad's chagrine). Next week, I'll set up our own internet so that we don't have to 'borrow' it from our neighbours anymore.
I really like your table!
I scouted out IKEA yesterday, and turns out, Isaac's taste and mine don't coincide very often. Oh well, we'll have to see what comprimises we make.
I should update my blog now. I love you!!!
~ Mary

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Hi you two. Good job on the table. You two are so funny -- I love to read your notes to see what you're up to next.
Calendar -- I checked with both Walmart and Sobeys yesterday. Unfortunately, they only get them in August for the school year (the calendar runs from Sept. til next Dec.). They're both sold out. Sigh. I'm sorry. But listen, I am still using last year's til Dec. which means I have my new one unopened. I can give you Sept.-Dec. if you can find some magnets to attach to the back for your fridge. Then Walmart has some beautiful desktop calendars for $4.97 for 2008 (they're mauve with flowers on it, very pretty). You could attach magnets to the back of it and use it on your fridge. What do you think? Sorry I couldn't do better.
Pete was over for supper. He misses everybody. He finds the house quiet. He had a rousing boardgame of SpongeBob Life with the kids. They really enjoyed that. Then he fixed our computer. What a guy! The power went out here yesterday morning and the computer wouldn't turn on since. Yikes. What, no blogging -- I was having withdrawals. hee, hee.
It's so nice to be in contact with you. This blogging is much better than emails. Pictures,comments... I feel like I'm a part of your life. Love ya, Tante Karen